NHS Mental Health Services
- Lots of GP surgeries provide counselling or therapy services on the NHS. You may also be able to self-refer for counselling or therapy. This means you contact the psychological therapies service directly yourself. You may want to discuss it with your GP first.
- Find your local psychological therapies (IAPT) service.
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust Adult and Specialist Mental Health Services and Mental Health Crisis Support.
Some charities offer cheap or free talking therapies or group support. These include:
- Cruse for bereavement care
- Mind for mental health problems
- Relate for relationship counselling
- Alcoholics Anonymous for alcohol abuse
- Samaritans a 24hr emergency service for distress, despair or suicidal thoughts.
Local Support Services
This document (Local Support Services_SP) contains a list of other agencies in the local (Cambridge) area that might be useful sources of information, advice or help for you or for someone you know. I’ve included a brief description of what each offers and a link to their web site where one exists.
Are you in a mental health crisis?
The First Response Service (FRS) provides 24-hour access, seven days a week, 365 days a year, to mental health care, advice and support.
If you are experiencing something that makes you feel unsafe, distressed or worried about your mental health you can now contact the FRS by dialling 111 and selecting option 2.