I have studied and worked in the field of psychology, wellbeing, and behaviour change for the past twenty years. I worked for many years as a researcher before training to work as a therapist.
I use an integrative model of therapy which means I use my knowledge of various therapeutic approaches. This gives me the freedom and flexibility to workin a way which best suits each unique client. I have particular experience working with clients experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, low confidence, low self-esteem, loss of meaning and purpose, disordered eating and body image dissatisfaction.
My aim in working with clients is to create a warm and non- judgmental relationship where they can freely express and explore their thoughts and feelings. Click here to: learn more about my therapeutic approach.
I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and I undertake regular one to one supervision.
- PhD Psychology – University of Nottingham, UK.
- MSc Physical Activity and Health – Loughborough University, UK.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology – University of Nottingham, UK.
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling – AIM Awards.
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP Accredited Member # 361158 ).
Continuing Professional Development courses and workshops:
As a practitioner it is vital to keep expanding my knowledge and understanding. I do so by attending continuing professional development courses and workshops. Past workshops have included:
- NICABM The Neurobiology of Attachment 2022
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) In Practice 2022
- NICABM How to Apply Mindfulness to Your Clinical Work 2021
- Focused ACT for Brief Interventions 2021
- NICABM How to Work with the Part of Trauma That Can’t Be Verbalized 2021
- The Therapy Relationship in ACT 2020
- Clinical Applications of Polyvagal Theory in Trauma Treatment 2020
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Immersion 2020
- NICABM Working with the Pain of Abandonment 2019
- Inside This Moment: Using Mindfulness in ACT to Promote Radical Change 2019
- Focusing on the Meaning and Development of the Therapeutic Relationship: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Evolution Science 2019
- ACT Boot Camp: Praxis Continuing Education and Training 4 days 2019
- NICABM Working with Clients Who Feel “Never Good Enough” 2018
- NICABM How to Work With Shame 2018
- Mastering ACT – Advanced Skills Workshop 2018
- Yalom and the Art of Psychotherapy 2018
- NICABM Treating Trauma Master Series 2017
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Anxiety and Depression 2017
- Working with Addiction 2017
- Working with Body Image Dissatisfaction 2016
- CRUSE Awareness in Bereavement Care 2016
- Attachment Therapy 2016
- Working with Death and Other Existential Issues 2015